Many of Nature Trek’s return customers have come back to us looking for trips that appeal to their growing taste of adventure and wilderness. With their interests in mind we have organized some very special expeditions , such as:
- retracing explorer Otto Sverdrups’ travels on Ellesmere Island
- circumnavigating by kayak the rugged Brooks Peninsula on Vancouver Island’s west coast.
- following a long forgotten trading route along the shores of Hudson Bay (winning the respect of Dene elders in the process).
- rafting down the Tatshenshini (2008), the McNeill (2012) the Alsek (2014) and the Bonnet Plume (2016) rivers
- a Labrador photography trip that spawned a traveling exhibit
- a western Canada birding trip
- a winter trip in Labrador
Recently, we organized expeditions ranging from 3 days to 3 weeks to fit specific interests, abilities, time frame, budget and preferences:
- a challenging trek in Northern Yukon,
- a fishing expedition on the Pacific (halibut heaven),
- 11-day survival course for a Peruvian family,
- a 3-week wilderness trip with a visually impaired couple
- research trips with small groups of interested folks in Northern Ontario
And the list goes on. If you can imagine it, we can make it happen!